|Many in the secular media dismiss the Shroud as a “medieval forgery” or a clever hoax. That characterization is based largely on debunked carbon-14 tests. In 1988 they led researchers to estimate a date of origin between 1260 and 1390, but the samples |
|MURCIA, Spain (ChurchMilitant.com) - Groundbreaking new research reveals the Shroud of Turin — believed to be the burial shroud of Christ — shows marks indicating a spear wound consistent with that of Our Lord depicted in the gospels. The same report |
|Goodacre: Actually, carbon dating is an excellent way to ascertain the date of an artifact. Many are disappointed, not surprisingly, that the shroud dated to between AD 1260 and 1390. I recall my own disappointment (but not surprise) on hearing the|
|Scientists soon used the technique on materials ranging from the dung of a giant sloth from a Nevada cave; seaweed and algae from Monte Verde, Chile, the oldest archaeological site in the Western Hemisphere; the Shroud of Turin; and the meteorite that |
|Carbon dating indicates it dates to the 13th or 14th century. The cloth is ..... Though some of the world's most famous relics are venerated by Christians -- like the Shroud of Turin and the bones of Saint Peter -- Christianity is hardly the first|
|The Shroud of Turin, the controversial piece of linen that some believe to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ, could finally be dated accurately. A new method "stands to revolutionize radiocarbon dating," according to research presented on Tuesday at|
|"We believe it is possible that neutron emissions by earthquakes could have induced the image formation on the Shroud's linen fibres, through thermal neutron capture on nitrogen nuclei, and could also have caused a wrong radiocarbon dating," said|
|Many experts have stood by a 1988 carbon-14 dating of scraps of the cloth carried out by labs in Oxford, Zurich and Arizona that dated it from 1260 to 1390, which, of course, would rule out its used during the time of Christ. The new test, by|
- Stone tools to skeletons: how to uncover an ancient object's age
- Paper spotlights key flaw in widely used radioisotope dating technique
- Researcher 'accidentally' stops spread of 'unprecedented' global cyberattack
- Evansville woman gives credit card info to stranger online, almost loses thousands of dollars.
- Six babies have been infected with herpes after NYC mayor De Blasio lifted regulations on controversial ultra ...
- Bearkats baseball team falls to SFA 5-1, loses first conference game
- Should teens watch this controversial show?
- Why you shouldn't let your mother set you up on a date
- Netizen claiming to have relation to Dispatch reporter says EXO's dating news is coming + Dispatch responds
- My wife and lover don't match up to beautiful ex-girlfriend who broke my heart and I feel like my marriage is all a ...